Kelly Bancroft, Academic and Graduate Student Advisor
firstname.lastname@example.org • 330.569.5025
- Online Transfer and Community College Partnership students in Marketing and Integrative Exercise Science
- Students in the Master of Interdisciplinary Studies (MAIS) program.
Kelly graduated with her BA and MA from Youngstown State University. She received her MFA from the Northeast Ohio Master of Fine Arts program where she studied Creative Non-fiction and Memoir. She has taught for many years at YSU, at Hiram, in arts education programs, and in Mahoning county’s juvenile justice system.
Nicole Gatrell, Academic and International Student Advisor
email@example.com • 330.569.5388
- Online and Community College partnership students majoring in Accounting and Financial Management. Students with undeclared majors taking on-ground classes.
- International student advisor providing support to prospective and current international students
Nicole began her career in higher education at Hiram College in 1998. She received her B.A. in International Relations with a minor in International Business from Kent State University and her master’s degree in Leadership in Higher Education from Baldwin Wallace University.
Sherman Dean II, Academic and Transfer Student Advisor
firstname.lastname@example.org • 330.569.6102
- On-campus transfer students
- Online and Community College partnership students majoring in Management
Sherman is in his first year as an advisor, but has previously served Hiram College for 18 years, with his last 14 as Director of Admission. For 25 years he has worked closely with prospective college students in finding and enrolling them into institutions of higher learning which best fit the individual students’ needs. Prior to joining Hiram College in 2003, Sherman was the Assistant Director for Minority Recruitment at Kent State University’s Main Campus. Sherman has also worked as an admission representative for Ohio Northern University in Ada, Ohio.
Valori Vaught, Graduate Assistant in Academic Advising
email@example.com • 330.569.6033
- Health Humanities advisor—works closely with first-year Nursing students to support them in becoming acquainted with the nursing program, as well as answering any questions regarding course selection, changing majors, policies, or additional resources.
Valori is currently a graduate student in the MAIS program here at Hiram. Her research interests include the importance of decreasing children’s anxiety levels while in healthcare settings and how a child’s family can help with this. She graduated from Hiram with her bachelor’s degree in Educational Studies in May of 2020.
Emma Chinn, Graduate Assistant in Academic Advising
firstname.lastname@example.org • 330.569.5697
- Program Shift and Transfer Student advisor—works with students who plan on changing their majors, helping them make the transition from one major to another as smooth as possible by being available as a resource for students.
Emma graduated from Hiram in May of 2021 with bachelor’s degrees in History and Creative Writing. During her undergraduate studies, her research focused on the legal rights of women in Medieval England, and the literary works of Jane Austen. She is currently a graduate student enrolled in Hiram’s MAIS program.