Travel Advice for Any Trip Abroad or Away:
- Be aware of your surroundings, and respect local sensitivities over recent developments.
- Check in with your academic program regularly.
- Consider carefully any information relayed on social media and ensure appropriate corroboration through reliable sources.
- Register for International SOS and U.S. Department of State (STEP) security alerts online and heed recommendations. Hiram’s Study Away Coordinator does this for all Hiram faculty-led trips!
- Allow ample time for travel and for check-in procedures, especially if traveling by air or through a border crossing.
- Ensure you have travel documents (i.e., passport and visa) on you at all times for use in any identity checks.
As always, if you are ever abroad and find yourself in need of immediate assistance, please contact the nearest police, U.S. Consulate, or call the Study Away Office at 330.569.5388.