Aid & Scholarships
Image: Students talking in the library
HIRAM STUDY ABROAD SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
- For fall trips: all completed applications should be submitted no later than March 8 (the same day that your Study Abroad application is due).
- For spring trips: all completed applications should be submitted no later than October 7 (the same day your Study Abroad application is due).
The International Study Abroad Scholarship is awarded to Hiram College students traveling abroad during the fall semester or spring semester. Please inquire with the by phone (330.569.5453) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Hiram College Financial Aid Office also provides information about financial aid and scholarships while studying abroad. They can be reached at 330.569.5107.
Passport Assistance: There are some funds available to assist students in getting their passports. If you need this type of assistance, please inquire with the by phone (330.569.5453) or email (email@example.com).
Additional Scholarship and Grant Sources
- Study Abroad Scholarship
- Study Abroad Financial Aid and Grants
- Financial Aid for Study Abroad: An Undergraduate Student’s Resource
- NAFSA U.S. Study Abroad Scholarships and Grant List
- Education Abroad Network Scholarships
- All Abroad Scholarship Lists
- Gilman Scholarship Program
- Bridging Scholarships for Study in Japan
- Graduate level scholarship at an UK institution for Americans
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarships
- Fulbright Scholarship Opportunities
- German Academic Exchange Commission (DAAD)
- International Scholarships
- Institute of International Education
- MoneyGeek.com: Funding Your Study Abroad
- Scholar Trips
- Guidebook to Studying Abroad for Graduate School
- Aaron Minc Scholarship
Be sure to research banking options
Opening a foreign bank account or researching U.S. banks’ policies can pay off. Visa and MasterCard charge a 1% conversion fee on international transactions and most banks add a transaction fee on top of that. Depending on your card, you’ll pay a total fee of 2% to 3% of your purchase each time you buy something.
Depending on the bank, the same international transaction fees could also apply to ATM withdrawals.
You can also apply for a bank loan and some online sites are also available:
Fundraising for your Study Abroad Trip
There are many options for students to raise money to help offset the costs of traveling abroad.
- Ask your friends and family for support through a GoFundMe.com account.
- Other ideas can be found at some of the following: