Hiram nursing students receive a well-rounded education: they learn the scientific skills they need to be knowledgeable health care providers and gain clinical experiences that prepare them to be leaders in the field. At the same time, they benefit from our 172-year liberal arts tradition. This tradition prepares them to understand that knowledge is interrelated and interdisciplinary and to be critical observers of how the world works. They see issues, alternatives, solutions and aspects of life that more narrowly-trained minds do not.
These skills, combined with the knowledge and skills in the discipline of nursing, are essential to the preparation of those who serve as professional nurses.
Future nurses choose Hiram because we offer:
- a direct entry program, with no separate application required
- high four-year graduation rates
- small class sizes and personal attention
- advising with nursing faculty
- state-of-the-art facilities
- world-renowned clinical sites
- opportunity to minor in fields that enhance nursing, e.g., biomedical humanities, public health, and psychology
- opportunities for campus and athletic involvement and international travel
- eligibility to apply for national registered nurse licensure exam (NCLEX) upon graduation*
*Graduates of Hiram College BSN Program meet educational eligibility requirements to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN). Some states may have additional requirements for licensure eligibility. It is the responsibility of the student to inquire regarding eligibility for the state in which they wish to practice.
Interested in seeing what previous Hiram graduates have done post-graduation?
View the full First Destination Survey for Nursing.
Nursing is a part of Hiram Health
Health is at the core of everything we do at Hiram College. It is in our curriculum, in our residence halls and in our programming. It is in everything we do. The liberal arts education you receive at Hiram will provide a strong foundation for your health care career aspirations.