Educator Preparation Quality and Performance
Teacher Licensure Exams
To qualify for an initial teaching license in Ohio, candidates must successfully pass teacher licensure exams. The Ohio Assessments for Educators (OAE) exams measure professional (pedagogical) knowledge and the subject-specific content area knowledge of candidates. Hiram’s education department has constructed its curriculum to ensure that aspiring teachers excel on these assessments. Hiram College has a 100% pass rate on teacher licensure exams demonstrating our graduates are prepared to meet licensing and state requirements.
|All program completers, 2018-2019||100%|
|All program completers, 2017-2018||100%|
|All program completers, 2016-2017||100%|
Pass-Rate Reports for Hiram College:
Ohio Educator Preparation Performance Reports
Ohio recognizes that high-quality teachers are developed through high-quality educator preparation programs. The Ohio Department of Higher Education (ODHE) releases an annual comprehensive performance report for each ODHE-approved educator preparation program in the State of Ohio. The report permits the public to view aggregate data for all graduates statewide and by institution and program area. The report provides essential data used to measure program impact and program outcomes and to continuously improve the quality of our teacher preparation program.
Educator Preparation Performance Reports for Hiram College:
Title II Report on the Quality of Teacher Preparation
Title II of the Higher Education Act requires states and teacher preparation institutions to submit annual reports on the quality of teacher preparation. The Title II Report on the Quality of Teacher Education is prepared and submitted annually by the Hiram College Education Department. The federal report contains information from the 50 states and territories. From this page, users can access Ohio’s current and past state reports, as well as required data from each provider.
CAEP Annual Reporting Measures
CAEP (Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation) has eight annual reporting measures which are used to provide information to the public on program impact and program outcome. The CAEP measures with links to supporting evidence for each measure are as follows:
MEASURES OF PROGRAM IMPACT:
Measure 1: Impact that completers’ teaching has on P-12 learning and development
- Value-Added ratings — a component of Ohio’s Accountability system, value-added calculations utilize data from state tested subjects and grades to measure student growth.
Measure 2: Indicators of teaching effectiveness
- OTES results— administrator ratings of the performance of recent graduates, as mandated under the Ohio Teacher Evaluation System.
Measure 3: Results of employer surveys, and including retention and employment milestones
- Employer Perceptions survey— a survey of employers’ perception of recent graduates’ quality of preparation provided by Hiram College.
- Resident Educator data— data on Hiram College graduates’ completion of the requirements of the Resident Educator program.
Measure 4: Results of completer surveys
- Pre-Service Teacher survey— a survey of student satisfaction with the quality of preparation provided by Hiram College. Pre-service teachers receive an invitation from ODHE to complete this survey during their student teaching experience.
- Alumni survey— a survey of alumni satisfaction with the quality of preparation provided by Hiram College. In-service teachers receive an invitation from ODHE to complete this survey as they enter Year 2 of the Resident Educator Program.
MEASURES OF PROGRAM OUTCOME AND CONSUMER INFORMATION:
Measure 5: Graduation rates from preparation programs
- Program Completers by Licensure Area demonstrates a 100% completer graduation rate.
- Retention Data assists preparation program in tracking persistence of candidates pursuing licensure
Measure 6: Ability of completers to meet licensing (certification) and any additional state requirements
Measure 7: Ability of completers to be hired in education positions for which they are prepared
- Employment Information— employment information on graduates in their first year after program completion.
Measure 8: Student loan default rates and other consumer information