Program Learning Outcomes
Art & Design majors will be able to:
- Produce a body of visual work that expresses an original statement on a single idea or concept. Such work will demonstrate a creative process, an awareness of contemporary issue, art history, ideas from other disciplines and/or aspects of personal experience.
- Demonstrate craftsmanship in utilizing the tools and technical skills associated with their chosen media, as well as versatility in utilizing hand-crafted and digital media, and professional standards of presentation and exhibition.
- Exhibit sophistication in applying formal design and composition principles as they pertain to both fine art and applied design contexts.
- Utilize written and oral communication skills in order to interpret and evaluate art and design that is their own as well as work produced by others.
- Demonstrate professional practices applicable to a future art or design-related career.