This program is available through on-campus, online or blended classes. Online learning is a great option for busy working adults who need a more flexible school schedule.
As a graduate of this program, you can be prepared for entry-level accounting and finance careers. Additional coursework can help become a certified public accountant – a valuable distinction that can help you start a career in the business, nonprofit, finance and government sectors.
CPA additional coursework options
Choose from these two options if you wish to pursue a career in public accounting:
- Additional undergraduate hours: To obtain the required 150 semester hours of college credit you need to sit for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) examination, you may take extra courses at the undergraduate level through Hiram College.
- Graduate school: You may take additional hours and earn a more advanced degree through a Master’s of Accountancy program. Hiram has active articulation agreements with Case Western Reserve University and Ohio Northern University, through which Hiram students are offered competitive scholarships and are able to bypass the GMAT application requirement.
Parallel LCCC Programs
Associate of Applied Business in Accounting
- You may transfer up to 67 semester hours of credit, which you can apply toward the Associate of Applied Business in Accounting. Complete the following courses: ACTG 151ACTG 265ACTG 251 & 252ECNM 151BADM 251FNCE 251ENGL 161 & 162MTHM 151 or 171Natural Science w/Lab Elective Humanities or Fine Arts.
- You must have a 2.5 overall GPA at LCCC, a 2.0 overall GPA in Business/Economics courses, and at least a 2.0 overall GPA in an Accounting course.
- You must earn at least a “”C”” in all courses.
- The curriculum consists of 53 semester hours that include general graduation courses and the junior- and senior-level accounting and business courses listed below. All courses are taught by Hiram College faculty and will be delivered via two-way interactive distance learning technology.
Accounting and Financial Management course listings