Step 1: Reach out to the Center for Adult Studies and let us know about your interest in the Master of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies graduate program. We can answer any questions you have about the program and enrollment.
Step 2: As soon as you’re ready, fill out the online application for admission.
Step 3: One of our admission counselors will reach out and let you know what additional application materials are required. Generally, students must provide:
- An official copy of their transcript with this form included.
- Two letters of recommendation with this form included.
- A writing sample:
- The paper must have been written in the last 5 years.
- We recommend choosing a paper where you’ve been asked to analyze an issue, draw conclusions, support an opinion or generate an argument. We’re looking for a critical analysis of a concept or issue, and one that integrates and cites source material.
- We recommend choosing a paper that is 3-5 pages in length, double-spaced, 12 point font.
- A personal essay explaining why you’d like to attend Hiram College, why you’re choosing the MAIS program, and what your goals are after graduation. The essay should be 2-4 pages in length.
Step 4: After determining that you meet the minimum/basic graduate program requirements, an admission counselor will contact you to set up an admission interview.
Step 5: Following the interview, the Center for Adult Studies will contact you regarding the admission decision. If admitted, you will be contacted by an admission counselor who will help you register for your first term of classes.