Image: Students in the Kennedy Center
WITHDRAWAL AND READMISSION
All students who wish to return to Hiram College after being withdrawn must apply for readmission. The readmission procedures must be completed prior to the beginning of the term for which the student has applied. Students who wish to be readmitted may call the Registrar’s office at 330.569.5210 or email email@example.com. If the student was dismissed for academic reasons, the student must follow the procedures for readmission after suspension.
If the student is granted readmission, they will pay a deposit which will count toward their tuition. If they wish to live on campus, they will make a deposit for housing. After the student has deposited, Hiram will reactivate their Hiram account and send them their login information and temporary password.
In addition, admission will contact the following offices on campus after receiving the deposit:
- Student Accounts
- Registrar’s Office
- Financial Aid
Readmitted students will be connected with the appropriate academic advisor.
Hiram College reserves the right to deny readmission to any student for reasons including but not limited to outstanding financial obligations, academic deficiencies, college disciplinary actions, or convictions of criminal activity. Students will be informed in writing about the College’s readmission decision, and may appeal a denial of readmission to the Dean of the College. Appeals must be made in writing within three (3) business days of received denial and submitted to the Office of the Dean of Academic Affairs at:
Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of the College
PO Box 67
Hiram, OH 44234
Students should also refer to other academic polices concerning requirements at time of readmission.
READMISSION PROCESS AND FORMS
Students who have withdrawn from Hiram College for a semester or longer, must apply for readmission by completing a Readmission after Withdrawal Application. In addition, the following must also be submitted:
1. A personal statement which includes the following information:
- Why did you leave Hiram? What has changed or will be different when returning to Hiram?
- Please outline your plan for success at Hiram.
- What you have been doing (working, attending school, etc.) since your withdrawal from Hiram?
- If you were administratively asked to leave and/or involved with judicial action, what has changed to ensure your success upon return?
2. If you have attended institution(s) elsewhere, please submit to the Registrar’s Office:
- Official Transcript(s)
- Re-admission Waiver(s)
3. A readmission deposit of $100 and $100 housing deposit (if applicable) is required. Please make the payment online at www.hiram.edu/deposit, send to PO Box 1808 Hiram, OH 44234, or in person in the Office of Student Accounts. If readmission is denied the deposit(s) will be refunded.
Once all documentation has been received, your readmission file will be reviewed by the College, at which time a personal interview with College officials may be required. When a readmission decision has been made, you will be notified.
Those who need financial assistance should contact the Director of Financial Aid, since previous loans, jobs or scholarships are not automatically reinstated upon readmission.
Questions regarding readmission procedures can be directed to the Registrar’s office, 330.569.5210 or firstname.lastname@example.org. College transcripts and readmission forms should be mailed to:
PO Box 67
Hiram OH 44234
If a student’s application for readmission is accepted but the student defers their return to a later semester, a new readmission application must be submitted at the time the student is ready to return.
ACADEMIC DISMISSAL (SUSPENSION) READMISSION FORMS
Please note: Application materials for Readmission following academic dismissal should be completed and sent to the Academic Review Board via the Dean’s Office, Hiram College, PO Box 67, Hiram, OH 44234 or email@example.com.