- Discover Business – Top MBA Degree Rankings
- Comprehensive Guide to Starting a Business
Annuity.org strives to provide small businesses and entrepreneurs with information that relates to their financial well-being.
An organization designed to “help student competitors sharpen their focus and bring their entrepreneurial ideas to life beyond the classroom.”
- The Kauffman Foundation
Provides grants in the areas of Entrepreneurship, Innovation, Education, and Research and Policy in order to service their mission of creating “a society of economically independent individuals who are engaged citizens, contributing to the improvement of their communities.”
- The Entrepreneurship MBA
Information about pursuing advanced degrees in Entrepreneurship.
- Cameron Herold: Let’s raise kids to be entrepreneurs TED Talk
Bored in school, failing classes, at odds with peers: This child might be an entrepreneur, says Cameron Herold. In his talk, he makes the case for parenting and education that helps would-be entrepreneurs flourish — as kids and as adults.
Cleverism provides in-depth guides on how to start and grow companies; for example: how to write a business plan (https://www.cleverism.com/write-good-business-plan/?): how to pitch to investors; how to recruit key talent.
- Credit Card Insider – Business Credit Card Resources
Starting a business can be complicated and expensive. Business credit is a different type of credit than personal credit, and needs to be built up in different ways. There are different requirements to meet, and different credit reporting agencies to deal with. Visit Credit Card Insider to find a guide for small businesses to help them better understand business credit.
In the current business environment having a website is a necessity for entrepreneurs, small businesses, home-based businesses, and anybody selling products or services. Regardless of what marketing methods that are employed, enabling potential customers to either find you through a Google search or learn more about you is key to creating and developing new customers. In fact, studies show consumers are looking for more than just basic information when searching online or on maps, but also expect to find other information – such as business hours – and photos easily. According to research conducted by Google, consumers are 38% more likely to visit and 29% more likely to consider purchasing from businesses with more complete listings.
- Optimizing Your Website: What Every Small Business Should Know
A guide that can help entrepreneurs and small business improve their digital footprint.
Debt.org strives to give small businesses a wealth of information on a broad range of topics related to their financial well-being. It offers information on how to handle tax delays, how to make pay roll, how to separate business and personal finances and numerous other pages of helpful information.
- Rich Dad Poor Dad: What the Rich Teach Their Kids About Money- That the Poor and the Middle Class Do Not! by Robert T. Kiyosaki & Sharon L. Lechter
- Pour Your Heart Into It: How Starbucks Built a Company One Cup at a Time by Howard Schultz & Dori Jones Yang
- Buffett’s Bites: The Essential Investor’s Guide to Warren Buffett’s Shareholder Letters by L.J. Rittenhouse
- A Deliberate Pause: Entrepreneurship and its Moment in Human Progress by Larry Robertson*
- Weird Ideas That Work: How to Build a Creative Company by Robert Sutton*
- Start Something that Matters by Blake Mycoski
Jean Mackenzie suggests:
- Better Off: Flipping the Switch on Technology by Eric Brende
Erik Weyls suggests:
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team by Patrick Lencioni*
- Competitive Advantage: Creating and Sustaining Superior Performance by Michael E. Porter*
- Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap… and Others Don’t by Jim Collins
- Outliers: The Story of Success by Malcolm Gladwell
- The Rise of the Creative Class by Richard Florida*
Michael Keresman suggests:
- The Millionaire Next Door: Surprising secrets of America’s Wealthy by Thomas J. Stanley & William D. Danko
* – Available in the Hiram College Library