Burton D. Morgan Center for Integrated Entrepreneurship
Hiram College believes passionately in the tradition of liberal arts education. At the same time, Hiram believes students in today’s increasingly competitive world also need skills that lead directly to success in their chosen professions and personal development.
Image: Entrepreneurship Center
INTEGRATED ENTREPRENEURSHIP AT HIRAM
Integrated Entrepreneurship at Hiram integrates the concepts of entrepreneurship into the liberal arts through curricular and extra-curricular activities to help students develop skills such as – critical thinking, curiosity, ethical awareness, ability to write and speak clearly, ability to draw and synthesize knowledge from diverse sources and apply to diverse uses, insight into the human experience, and a life-long love of learning.
The mission of Integrated Entrepreneurship at Hiram is to foster an expansive sense of the possible, an exploration of personal passion, an ownership of one’s ideas and actions, and a commitment to add value to one’s self and one’s community.
The vision of Integrated Entrepreneurship at Hiram is for all members of the Hiram community to explore and develop their ideas beyond the classroom and see themselves as entrepreneurs who can add value to their communities and profit from their passions.
Goal of Integrated Entrepreneurship at Hiram
- to integrate the concepts of entrepreneurship into the liberal arts through curricular and extra-curricular activities to reach all students
- to provide opportunities for every student to discover their true passion and to develop the mindset, skills and knowledge necessary to achieve their aspirations
- to help students generate the vision and sense of connectedness necessary to challenge conventional wisdom and to discover hidden opportunities
- to prepare students with the analytical and critical thinking skills to identify and to evaluate possible solutions
- to help students develop the interpersonal and leadership skills through a variety of on- and off-campus activities to enable them to take the initiative to implement the chosen solution
- to help students see themselves as entrepreneurs who can add value to their communities and profit from their passions.
Opportunities for Students
Hiram’s Integrated Entrepreneurship Program provides many opportunities for students to develop their entrepreneurial mindset and abilities:
- The Entrepreneurship Minor
- Courses Across Disciplines that Integrate Entrepreneurship
- Student Run Ventures
- Entrepreneurship Residential Learning Community (ERLC)
- ideablitz ™ and ideabuild ™ pitch contests with cash prizes
- HPP (High Performance Program), an Entrepreneurship Honors organization
Burton D. Morgan Foundation
The Morgan Foundation is our namesake and primary supporter.
Entrepreneurship Education Consortium
Hiram College is a member of the Entrepreneurship Education Consortium. Students can compete in regional competitions against students from the other schools. Also, the EEC shares various resources amongst its faculty and students to benefit aspiring entrepreneurs.