How to Apply
To be considered for participation, students are asked to:
- Complete the intent form for your high school, due April 1st.
- Fill out Hiram College’s College Credit Plus Application.
- Submit an official high school transcript.
- Submit results from either the ACT or SAT (preferred). We will also accept the Accuplacer, or Compass tests for CCP applications only. We offer a Residual ACT on Hiram’s campus which can be scheduled by appointment Monday – Friday at either 8:30 a.m. or 1 p.m. The Residual ACT is a full ACT test (i.e., approximately 3 ½ hours), but the results can only be sent to Hiram College and no other college or university. The first test through us is free. Any subsequent tests through us will result in a $50 charge.
- A recommendation is not required, but Hiram reserves the right to request a recommendation for all CCP applicants from a guidance counselor or teacher.
- Meet college course pre-requisites. This may include placement exams, specifically for foreign language and math placement.
Application and credential review is holistic and there is no single set of fixed criteria that solely determines admissibility to Hiram College, beyond meeting the state minimums in at least one subject area (English: 18, Reading: 22, Math: 22). We also recommend if you are considering taking a Biology or Chemistry course through Hiram College, that you score a 22 or higher on the Science section of the ACT. Each admission application and its supporting credentials are carefully read and given individual consideration. Hiram College reserves the right to make the final determination of a student’s admissibility to the College.
All application materials should be addressed to:
College Credit Plus
Attention: Brittany Jackson, Assistant Director
Strategic Academic Initiatives
P.O. Box 67
Hiram, OH 44234
Notification of Acceptance
Once a high school student has been admitted and is eligible to enroll in courses at Hiram College, the Strategic Academic Initiative Office will notify the student, parent, and high school in writing. A written letter will also be mailed to students, parents, and high school who are denied admission into the program.
Prior to Admission, should the family want to visit Hiram, students should contact Hiram College’s Admission Office to schedule a visit to campus (1.800.362.5280 or http://www.hiram.edu/visit/. Please be sure to put in the Special Accommodations section on this form that you are interested in College Credit Plus or tell the Admission Office when you schedule your visit).
Completed Application Deadlines
Please note that the deadlines below are hard and fast deadlines.
Application materials (application, test scores, or transcripts) will NOT be accepted after this deadline for that semester.
This deadline includes if you are taking a course at your high school, so be sure to get your application in early!
May 1 for Summer Semester
June 1 for Fall Semester
October 1 for Spring Semester