Image: Student in front of Kennedy Center
How to Apply
To be considered for participation, students are asked to:
- Complete the intent form for your high school, due April 1st for the Fall semester.
- Fill out Hiram College’s College Credit Plus Application.
- Submit an official high school transcript, and CCP Permission Form.
- Submit results from either the ACT or SAT (preferred). *We will also accept the Accuplacer, or Compass tests for CCP applications only. If the student’s GPA is above a 3.0, test scores are not required. If the GPA is below 3.0 test scores are required (Student Eligibility)
- A recommendation is not required, but Hiram reserves the right to request a recommendation for all CCP applicants from a guidance counselor or teacher.
- Meet college course pre-requisites. This may include placement exams, specifically for foreign language and math courses.
All application materials should be addressed to:
Attention: Sofia Miller, Assistant Director of Admission, CCP Coordinator
P.O. Box 96
Hiram, OH 44234
On campus Accuplacer Testing
*Hiram College offers the Accuplacer Next-Generation Writing and Reading test for students who have not taken the ACT or SAT exam, free of charge (any subsequent tests through us will result in a $10 charge). To schedule and register for your Accuplacer test at Hiram College, please email email@example.com.
Accuplacer testing is available by appointment (students without an appointment will not be able to take the test).
Students applying for CCP need to meet the state minimums in at least one subject area of the assessment tests (click here for minimum scores: Student Eligibility). We also recommend if you are considering taking a Biology or Chemistry course through Hiram College, that you score a 22 or higher on the Science section of the ACT. Hiram College reserves the right to make the final determination of a student’s admissibility to the College.
Students interested in taking CCP math courses at their high school or on campus/online need to also take Hiram’s math placement exam. The deadline to take the math placement exam is August 12th, 2022 for the Fall 2022 semester. Without a passing score the student will not be registered in any math course through Hiram.
Notification of Acceptance
Once a high school student has been admitted and has completed the CCP questionnaire, that student is eligible to enroll in courses at Hiram College. The Admission Office will notify the student, parent, and high school through the application portal. An electronic letter will also be available at the application portal to students who are denied admission into the program.
Students MUST complete the CCP Required Form before enrolling into CCP. Students that do not complete the required form and questionnaire will not be registered for courses with Hiram.
Prior to Admission, should the family want to visit Hiram, students should contact Hiram College’s Admission Office to schedule a visit to campus (1.800.362.5280 or check our visits website.) Please be sure to put in the Special Accommodations section on this form that you are interested in College Credit Plus or tell the Admission Office when you schedule your visit.
Please note that the deadlines below are hard and fast deadlines.
Application materials (application, transcripts, and permission slip) will NOT be accepted after this deadline for that semester.
This deadline includes if you are taking a course at your high school, so be sure to get your application in early!
May 1 for Summer Semester
June 1 for Fall Semester
November 17 for Spring Semester