Opportunities await curious minds and passionate spirits
When you start your journey at Hiram, you’ll quickly find that you are amongst a family of 1,100+ people – all unique – located in the historic Western Reserve region of Ohio.
Hiram is nationally respected. Its ability to offer a distinctive learning environment, focusing on close student-faculty interactions, international study opportunities and experiential learning provide the landscape for distraction-free learning.
Programs for everyone
You may think that you don’t fit into the typical college demographic. Maybe you already have a full-time job, or you have a busy family life. Don’t worry! Hiram has developed options for you, too, such as Weekend College. This is designed for adult learners – the first of its kind in Ohio – and enables students to earn their degree in four years by taking classes on alternate weekends. The College also offers a master’s degree in interdisciplinary studies, undergraduate completion programs at three local community college sites and has two fully online degree programs.
Hiram has been ranked nationally and regionally for affordability and excellence in the liberal arts:
- The Princeton Review recognized Hiram College among the best colleges in the Midwest in its 2020 edition of “The Best Colleges”.
- U.S. News & World Report ranked Hiram College #14 among Midwest Regional Colleges, #6 for Best Value and #5 for Social Mobility among Midwest Regional Colleges.
- Forbes Magazine ranks Hiram College among its Top Colleges for 2019.
- Washington Monthly magazine ranked Hiram fourth among the best baccalaureate colleges in the country in 2019.
- Hiram College is recognized as a College of Distinction by national college rating guide, Colleges of Distinction for its high-impact education practices, highly-engaged students,
quality education, vibrant community, and successful outcomes.
- Named an Apple Distinguished School for 2019-2022 in recognition of Tech and Trek™, a mobile 1:1 technology program that guides students in using 21st-century technology in educationally purposeful ways.
- One of only 13 percent of all U.S. colleges and universities to house a chapter of Phi Beta Kappa, the oldest and most prestigious undergraduate honor society in the United States.
- Hiram is a member of the Colleges that Change Lives organization, which highlights colleges that promote lifelong love of learning and provide the foundation for successful and fulfilling lives beyond college.