Opportunities await curious minds and passionate spirits
When you start your journey at Hiram, you’ll quickly find that you are amongst a family of 1,100+ people – all unique – located in the historic Western Reserve region of Ohio.
Hiram is nationally respected. Its ability to offer a distinctive learning environment, focusing on close student-faculty interactions, international study opportunities and experiential learning provide the landscape for distraction-free learning.
Programs for everyone
You may think that you don’t fit into the typical college demographic. Maybe you already have a full-time job, or you have a busy family life. Don’t worry! Hiram has developed options for you, too, such as Weekend College. This is designed for adult learners – the first of its kind in Ohio – and enables students to earn their degree in four years by taking classes on alternate weekends. The College also offers a master’s degree in interdisciplinary studies, undergraduate completion programs at three local community college sites and has two fully online degree programs.
Hiram has been ranked nationally and regionally for affordability and excellence in the liberal arts:
- Hiram College is recognized as a College of Distinction by national college rating guide, Colleges of Distinction for its high-impact education practices, highly-engaged students, quality education, vibrant community, and successful outcomes.
- One of 13 percent of colleges nationwide with a chapter of Phi Beta Kappa, the oldest and most prestigious undergraduate honor society in the U.S.
- Hiram College has been named one the 159 best colleges in the Midwest according to The Princeton Review. The education services company lists the College in the Best in the Midwest section of its 2020 Best Colleges: Region by Region.
- Hiram College placed 149th in the 2017 S. News & World Report Best Colleges rankings.
- Ranked among the best liberal arts colleges in the country and as a Best Bang for the Buck in the Midwest by Washington Monthly in 2016.
- In Forbes list of America’s top 660 colleges for 2016, Hiram ranked the 119th top college in the Midwest and the 190th leading liberal arts university in the U.S.