Dan Safko, Undergraduate Admission Counselor and Coordinator for Transfer Recruitment
I'm your admission counselor if you are ...
- A transfer student
- From the southern and eastern regions of Northeast Ohio and Southeast Ohio (see below)
- I have a Master’s degree focusing on Early Modern European history
- I have traveled abroad to Mexico, Guatemala, and China.
- I have visited Margaret Mitchell’s home in Atlanta, GA.
- Attending theater performances
- Watching movies
Who do you look up to the most, and why?
I admire a lot of different people for different reasons. I look up to my older sister because she has worked really hard to become a doctor. After seeing the movie Lincoln, I kind of have a soft spot for Abraham Lincoln now. I also look up to anyone who sees a world different than our own and works to make that happen.
What is your favorite thing about Hiram?
I love the faculty here at Hiram College. They want to know our students on a personal level. They strive to see students succeed not only in the classroom but in their personal lives as well. Where else would a professor be willing to travel the world with a group of 15 students or cheer on our basketball team at home games?
* I am the admission counselor for the following counties (southern and eastern regions in Northeast Ohio and Southeastern Ohio)