The Sustainability, Environment, and Engaged Design Scholars Program provides opportunities for students who want to have a positive impact on the world and make real changes right where they live.
Over the course of the academic year, SEEDS work together to:
- investigate campus sustainability problems and opportunities
- design and implement real solutions
- develop leadership and collaboration skills
- help maintain legacy projects initiated by previous SEEDS
- bring community members together for work and play
- communicate about what they’re learning and doing with the Hiram community and wider world
If you’re the kind of person who wants to help make your community the best it can be, enjoys working hard for causes that matter, and is reliable and motivated, then SEEDS may be for you!
2016-17 SEEDS’ Permaculture Project Wins Award
Check out a few snapshots of their early work (aided by a lot of helping hands!) transforming one corner of campus into a welcoming, ecologically beneficial, edible, and beautiful landscape.
(Check back in a few seasons for some before and after pics.)
For more information about SEEDS, contact Debbie Kasper at email@example.com.