The Sustainability Education and Experimental Design Scholars Program provides opportunities for students to have a positive impact on the world by making real changes right where they live. Over the course of the academic year, SEEDS work together to:
- investigate campus sustainability problems and opportunities
- design and implement real solutions
- develop leadership and collaboration skills
- help maintain legacy projects initiated by previous SEEDS
- bring community members together for work and play
- communicate about what they’re learning and doing in multiple ways
If you’re the kind of person who wants to help make your community the best it can be, enjoys working hard for causes that matter, and is reliable and motivated, then SEEDS may be for you!
About This Year’s SEEDS
Matthew Kyle Peterson:
Debbie Kasper, faculty mentor:
Originally from: Seymour, WI
A look at what the 2016-17 SEEDS were up to…
Permaculture Project Wins Award
Below are a few snapshots of their work (aided by a lot of helping hands!) transforming one corner of campus into an ecologically beneficial, edible, and beautiful landscape.
(Check back in a few seasons for some before and after pics.)