Know Before You Go
The health and safety of any Hiram College student studying abroad is a primary concern for the Study Abroad Office. Take the quiz below to test your level of preparation. Knowing the answers to these key questions will be critical to your pre-departure planning as well as the base to having a pleasant and productive time abroad.
Remember you are ultimately responsible for the choices you make regarding your safety! Many places abroad are safer than the U.S., but your lack of familiarity with the culture, language, people and locales may put you at higher risk.
Do you know the answers to these questions?
- What does the State Department recommend regarding travel to this country?
- What shots or immunizations do you need in order to gain entry into the host country?
- What is the number one health risk in country?
- What is the most common safety risk in country?
- Who are you going to contact in an emergency?
Don't forget to consider the environment while studying abroad. Read about Sustainability Practices for Study Abroad.
Study Abroad Staff
For more information, contact:
Strategic Academic Initiatives
PO Box 67
Hiram, OH 44234