Financial Aid and Scholarships While Studying Abroad
The International Study Abroad Scholarship is awarded to Hiram College students traveling abroad during the fall semester or spring semester. Please inquire at the Study Abroad Office in Hinsdale 139 or phone 330-569-5160.
The Hiram College Financial Aid Office also provides information about financial aid and scholarships while studying abroad. They can be reached at 330-569-5107.
- Study Abroad Scholarship
- Study Abroad Financial Aid and Grants
- Financial Aid for Study Abroad: An Undergraduate Student's Resource
- Gilman Scholarship Program
- Study Abroad Funding from the Institute of International Education
- Bridging Scholarships for Study in Japan
- Graduate level scholarship at an UK institution for Americans
Be sure to research banking options
Opening a foreign bank account or researching U.S. banks' policies can pay off. Visa and MasterCard charge a 1% conversion fee on international transactions and most banks add a transaction fee on top of that. Depending on your card, you'll pay a total fee of 2% to 3% of your purchase each time you buy something.
Depending on the bank, the same international transaction fees could also apply to ATM withdrawals.
You can also apply for a bank loan and some online sites are also available: