- My master’s degree focuses on Early Modern European History
- I have traveled abroad to Mexico, Guatemala, and China.
- My life goal is to see every Shakespeare play and Dondheim musical live in performance.
- Attending theater performances
- Visiting Museums
- Watching movies
- Actors/Actresses: Tony Kushner, Mike Nichols, Laura Linney, Andrew Scott and Bob Fosse
- Books: Laudato Si; Eichmann in Jerusalem, Hamlet; Imagined Communities and The Great Gatsby
- Movies: Tommy Boy, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof; Titus, Chicago, Superstar and Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
- TV Shows: Dexter, Hannibal, Game of Thrones, The Simpsons and Arrested Development
- Musicians/Bands: Simon and Garfunkel, Stevie Nicks, Eartha Kitt, various Broadway musicals and the Dave Brubeck Quartet
- Food: Pizza (Chicago, thin crust, flatbreads, I love it all), vegetarian cooking, really EVERYTHING!!
- Quote to live by: “This above all: to thine own self be true.” ~Shakespeare
Who do you look up to the most?
I admire a lot of different people for different reasons. I look up to my older sister because she has worked really hard to become a doctor. I love playwrights because they have a way of making life poetic. So, I look up to Tony Kushner, Tracy Letts, Sarah Ruhl, and others.
What is your favorite thing about Hiram?
I love the faculty here at Hiram College. They want to know our students on a personal level. They strive to see students succeed – not only in the classroom but in their personal lives as well. Where else would a professor be willing to travel the world with a group of 15 students or cheer on our basketball team at home games?
I am your admission counselor if you are…
An international student