3 Year Degree Programs

Billing FAQs

For most billing questions, please see the list below.  If you don't find your question here, please submit your question to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..  The Student Accounts Office is responsible only for compiling information, preparing the statement, and collecting payments on student accounts.  For inquiries regarding charges, please contact the appropriate department.

How can I see my billing statements?

You can view your semester bills online by going to www.hiram.edu/ebill clicking on student choose e-bill, choose term, and then submit.

Where is my insurance waiver?

The insurance waiver is located at www.hiram.edu/insurancewaiver.

I sent my payment with my initial bill – Why do I still owe a balance?

There may be a number of reasons why you still have a balance.  Some examples include:

  • Lenders Fees – Many loans have fees associated with them.  These fees cannot be applied to your balance. Typically these fees are deducted before disbursement is sent to Hiram; therefore, the total amount received by us is less than the total amount of the loan that you received.  Please check your loan application for the percentage charged.
  • Course Fees – Course fees are generated after drop/add and do not show up on your initial bill.

There is no Financial Aid showing on my bill – What do I do?

Please contact the Office of Financial Aid at 330-569-5107

Will I owe the same amount in the Spring?

Tuition, Room and Board will remain the same unless you make changes to your housing or meal plans.

My financial aid hasn't been finalized – Do I need to send payment anyway?

If you are uncertain about both the aid that will be awarded and whether the award letter will arrive prior to the due date you should plan on enrolling in the Hiram College 8 payment plan making the first payment by the due date.

Can I make a partial payment?

Yes, Hiram offers an 8 payment plan spread over 10 months.  Information about the payment plan is available on the Student Accounts home page.

Can I pay over the phone, online, or with a credit card?

Hiram College accepts payment by e-check/ACH, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover, check, cash or wire for tuition payments.  To pay by e-check, or credit card, you can gain access to online payment by www.hiram.edu/paymybill or on the Student Accounts home page.  There is a 2.5% fee for using a credit card; however an e-check transaction is free.  There is a $30 fee for all returned e-check/ACH payments, for any reason. For directions on wiring funds to Hiram College please call 330-569-5114.  Checks, cashier checks, and money orders can be mailed to Hiram College, P.O. Box 1808, Hiram, OH 44234.  Payments by cash or check can be made directly at the Cashier's window located in the Teachout-Price Building.

What address do I mail my payment?

Checks, cashier checks, and money orders can be mailed to Hiram College, P.O. Box 1808, Hiram, OH 44234.

How are credit balances processed?

Credit balance caused by Federal Funds will be automatically refunded within 10 days after Hiram College receives   the funds unless written permission to keep the credit balance on account for future terms is on file.

All other refunds can be requested through the student e-bill at www.hiram.edu/ebill click on e-bill, choose term, click on refund request at top of the e-bill.

Why does the bill go to my son or daughter?

Federal law requires that the person receiving services be billed for the services.  We do not have the option to bill parents or guardians.

What happens if I have a delinquent balance?

Students are expected to have their student accounts in a paid status prior to attending the first class meeting for a semester.  In order to have a student account in a "paid status", students must be either paid in full for the semester, or officially signed up for an approved payment plan with the Office of Student Accounts, or submitted an approved deferment form. Students are expected to familiarize themselves with the payment due dates.

It is very important that students work closely with the staff in the Office of Student Accounts to inform them of their plans and make payment arrangements.  After an internal review period, students who are registered for classes whose student accounts are not in a paid status, by the published semester payment deadlines, will have their class schedules cancelled and their residence hall assignments cancelled for the term. Should these students wish to re-register, they will be assessed a $100 Late Payment Fee.

A $100 late fee will be assessed monthly if the account or payment is delinquent.

The billing address is not correct.  How do I change it?

Contact the Registrar's Office located in the Teachout-Price Building for a change of address form.

What are the semester due dates for payment on account?

Traditional Students - July 20, 2016 and December 2, 2016;

Professional Graduate Studies Students - August 15, 2016 and January 2, 2017.

What do I do about paying my bill if I am receiving external help and don't know when they will be paying?

You will need to provide the necessary documentation to the Office of Financial Aid from the external source which shows guarantee of the expected payment.  The funds will not show on the student bill until the funds are actually received; however once necessary documentation has been approved you can deduct the amount of external aid from the amount due on the balance.

Who can I contact if I have questions about my bill?

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or 330-569-5114.

▲  Return to Top