Do you use templates? Full sentences? Stress only your paid work?
Don't miss opportunities to market your liberal arts education!
First and Second Year Students
- Before you start, review Rules for a College Student Resume, with rules for a professional college student resume.
- Just need the basics? See Basic Resume Writing Guide.
- Do you have more work experience or are you active on campus? See examples from Advanced Resume Writing Guide.
- Developing your Resume will help you write a more sophisticated resume.
- Read about Writing a CV to see if it's appropriate for you. Most new college graduates don't yet have the background for a scholarly CV until after grad school. For an example of a scholarly CV, ask your advisor to see hers/his.
Get help with your resume to make your qualifications shine!
- Attend the Resume ER from 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. each semester (Dates will be announced).
- After your initial resume has been reviewed by the Career Development Staff, you may upload it into your Hiram CareerNet account and you will receive feedback before it is saved to the database.
- No resume? No worries. Come to scheduled "Resume Build and Review Drop-In" in the Career Development office. Have a resume started? Bring your draft. Watch for posted dates and times during each semester.