Do you use templates? Full sentences? Stress only your paid work?
Don't miss opportunities to market your liberal arts education!
First and Second Year Students
- Before you start, review Rules for a College Student Resume, the Hiram Resume Infographic with rules for a professional college student resume.
- Just need the basics? See Basic Resume Writing Guide.
- Do you have more work experience or are you active on campus? See examples from Advanced Resume Writing Guide.
- Developing your Resume will help you write a more sophisticated resume.
- Read about Writing a CV to see if it's appropriate for you. Most new college graduates don't yet have the background for a scholarly CV until after grad school. For an example of a scholarly CV, ask your advisor to see hers/his.
Get help with your resume to make your qualifications shine!
- Attend the Resume ER from 10 p.m. to midnight each semester (Date TBA).
- Upload your resume into your Hiram CareerNet account where it will be reviewed by the Career Center, and you will receive feedback before it is added to the database.
- No resume? No worries. Come to scheduled "Resume Build and Review Drop-In" in the Career Center. Have a resume started? Bring your draft. Watch for posted days/times.