Locating Teaching Vacancies
Plan your job search to use all these job search techniques: check vacancy listings, choose a geographic target and apply to all the schools in that area, and network with colleagues, teachers, friends, parents etc. to identify vacancies. Be sure to have a Plan B as a backup, as well! Be adventurous - Consider moving out of state, to a growing area of Ohio, overseas!
- Register with Hiram CareerNet to check jobs posted by the Career Center.
- Ohio Department of Education Vacancies List and online application
- Archdiocese of Cleveland vacancy list
- Archdiocese of Youngstown vacancy list
- List of school districts in Ohio by location - use for a geographic search and contact them for an application or to apply online.
Nationwide: see "Reciprocity" requirements in other states - information on certification
- 50 States K-12 Employment list of vacancies by state
- Regional Education Applicant Program (REAP)
- Monster Education includes jobs outside schools
- Top School Jobs from Education Week
- Teachers Support Network
- National Center of Educational Statistics directory of school districts
While we don't recommend employment agencies, these agencies are reputable and may be helpful.