3 Year Degree Programs

Teaching in Independent or Private Schools

Independent schools, sometimes called private schools, may require teacher certification; others accept candidates interested in teaching with appropriate Bachelor's and/or Master's degrees. All jobs are very competitive. Interested candidates should start researching options as juniors and making contacts early in your senior year.

There are several ways to explore teaching in independent schools: contacting schools directly, attending independent school job fairs, applying for One Year Fellowships in independent schools, or using employment agencies that specialize in independent school placements. Below are examples of resources in each category. Others are available on-line or in the Career Center library.

▲  Return to Top