Locating Nursing Vacancies
The most successful job searches use a combination of these strategies:
- networking with clinical supervisors, nurses and other medical professionals, Hiram alums
- researching a category of potential employers such as all the hospitals and clinics in Orlando, FL or all the clinics that serve Spanish-speaking clients in Ohio etc.
- attending hospital career fairs; check their human resources websites.
- searching employment databases.
Below are a few examples of databases that post nursing jobs. There are many more that you may want to check regularly depending on the goals of your job search.
General Nursing Employment Databases
Northeast Ohio Nursing Employers
- Akron Children's Hospital
- Cleveland Clinic
- University Hospital
- Kaiser Permanente
- Metrohealth Medical Center
Other Ohio Nursing Employers
- Ohio Health-Riverside, Grant, Grady, Dublin, Doctors
- OSU Medical Center - including SNA positions, research
Government Healthcare Employers
- U.S. Navy
- U. S. Army
- U. S. Marines - the Marines use Navy nurses
- U. S. Air Force
- U.S. Public Health Service
- State of Ohio job postings
- Indian Health Services
- Veterans Administration Jobs - Cleveland and other locations around the country
Travel nursing companies
Usually requires one or two years of experience