Our Master of Arts in Interdisciplinary Study degree is designed for working adults who want to broaden their minds and skillsets.
Earn your degree by taking weekend classes, and learn how to examine important issues affecting the world from a variety of viewpoints. Our interdisciplinary courses in the master of arts program teach students to be well-rounded. For example, you may study business management alongside environmental studies to understand and examine issues related to fracking.
To earn the M.A.I.S., students must complete 36 credit hours of academic coursework, fulfilled as follows:
- Two core interdisciplinary seminars at six credit hours each (12 hours).
- Elective coursework (16 hours).
- Proposal development and Capstone Project (8 hours).
Sample course offerings include:
- Literary Journalism
- Social History and Social reform
- Global Healthcare Justice
- Cultural Values: Mayan Culture and Spirituality
- What is the Past?
- The Pursuit of Happiness
- What is Beauty?
- What is Science?
- Disability in Literature and Film
Contact us today to discuss how earning the M.A.I.S. from Hiram College can advance your professional career.