After Orientation, you will have some time before returning to Hiram for the fall semester. But there are several things you should do to stay connected with Hiram between the end of Orientation and your arrival in August. You will also want to ensure that you have taken care of necessary logistics.
Here is a list of things to be sure you do after your Orientation session.
- Be sure you have submitted the forms necessary for all entering students.
- Pay your student bill as it is due mid July. Contact the Hiram College Student Accounts Office with questions
(330) 569-5114 or visit their website to pay online
- Acquire necessary laptop per Hiram's Laptop Policy.
- Order books for your fall classes. Visit the Hiram College Bookstore for textbook information.
- Check out these great summer programs
- The Northwoods Experience 2016 - An 8 day pre-college adventure at Hiram's Northwoods Field Station, located in the vast wilderness of Michigan's Upper Pennisula.
- Folklore & Folk Music - This 3 credit hour course carries the following cores (TT-INTD, CA) and would be a great course to ‘jumpstart’ a Hiram College career.
- Keep in touch with new friends from Orientation by visiting the Hiram College Class of 2020 Facebook
- Find out more information and make arrangements for Arrival Day.
- Learn about and prepare for New Student Institute: a 4 day New Student Experience Program that is planned just for you to help get you ready for the school year. New Student Institute is a mandatory program that includes your very first class sessions, social activities with your new classmates, and a time to gather information about college resources. New Student Institute will help you learn what is expected of you as a Hiram College Community member.