After Orientation, you will have some time before returning to Hiram for the fall semester. But there are several things you should do to stay connected with Hiram between the end of Orientation and your arrival in August. You will also want to ensure that you have taken care of necessary logistics.
Here is a list of things to be sure you do after your Orientation session.
- Be sure you have submitted the forms necessary for all entering students.
- Pay your student bill as it is due mid July. Contact the Hiram College Student Accounts Office with questions (330) 569-5114 or visit their website to pay online
- Read your summer reading book. Your Common Reading follows the Ethics Theme each year here at Hiram. To learn more about this year's theme visit the Common Reading website.
- Order books for your fall classes. Visit the Hiram College Bookstore for textbook information.
- Keep in touch with new friends from Orientation by visiting the Hiram College Class of 2019 Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/hiram2019/
- Make travel arrangements for Arrival Day find out more information on the website.
- Prepare for Institute Days, a 3 day New Student Experience Program that is planned just for you to help get you ready for the school year. New Student Institute is a mandatory program that includes your very first class sessions, social activities with your new classmates, and a time to gather information about college resources. New Student Institute will help you learn what is expected of you as a Hiram College Community member. Check out the website for the schedule.