New Student Arrival Information 2016
Welcome to Hiram! We are so excited to begin the 2016-2017 academic year. New Student Arrival is scheduled for Thursday, August 25 unless the student is part of a First Wave group (i.e. teams, etc.). Students living in EVEN numbered rooms will check in between 9 a.m.-10:30 a.m. and students living in ODD numbered rooms will check in between 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Please refer to New Student Arrival Day Instructions for additional information. The Commuter Student Check-In and Lunch Reception will take place at 11:30 a.m. in the Dining Hall, Private Dining Room #1. If you have any questions about any of the areas below, please do not hesitate to contact the appropriate office.
All students need to be “Cleared to Attend” through the offices in the checklist below. You can check your status starting August 1st at my.hiram.edu by clicking on Hiram College Portal, then selecting Student Portal and clicking on "Am I Cleared to Attend.” Please check your status before arriving. If you are not cleared through an office, please click on the office for further information.
All financial aid paperwork should be completed prior to arriving on-campus. The following will help you make sure that your paperwork is in order so that you will not be delayed when arriving to campus.
- Accept your financial aid. You should have already either submitted a signed paper copy or accepted your financial aid via your Web4Student account. If you are unsure if you completed this step, log into your Web4Student account and click on the “Financial Aid” tab and review the award section.
- If you have been selected for the verification process, all verification materials must be completed and reviewed by the Financial Aid Office. To check to see if you have any outstanding documents, please log into your Web4Student Account and click on the “Financial Aid” tab and review the requirements section.
- If you are a first time Federal Direct Stafford Loan borrower you must complete the (1) Loan Entrance Counseling and (2) Master Promissory Note (MPN) online at www.studentloans.gov
- New Perkins Loan borrowers will be mailed their Perkins Master Promissory Note in early August. The completed paperwork should be returned by mail to the Financial Aid Office.
WORK STUDY - 330.569.5111
Students looking for employment opportunities can:
- Logging onto Student Job Central via the Student Portal
- Attend the Job Fair under the arch of Hinsdale on Friday, September 2 from 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
ALL CHARGES FOR FALL 2016 MUST BE PAID IN FULL OR OTHERWISE TAKEN CARE OF, INCLUDING PAYMENT PLANS UP TO DATE.
If a student’s bill is not paid, the student will not be able to move into housing, use their meal plan, attend classes, or have access to any college services (including email) until the account is “cleared.”
ALL NEW STUDENTS MUST BE REGISTERED FOR CLASSES.
Please be aware that dropping below full time (12 semester hours) before arriving on campus can affect your “Am I Cleared to Attend” status and, therefore, your ability to move in, participate in athletics, not to mention your student bill. It is advised that if you need to adjust your schedule, web “add” a course immediately in order to maintain full time standing.
If you are not registered full time for the Fall semester, please complete your registration online via your Web4Student account. If unable to register, please contact the Registrar’s Office for assistance, or on arrival day you will be directed to the Registrar’s Office in Teachout-Price.
SHUTTLE SERVICES - 330.569.5232
Other important information:
“First Wave” students who are “cleared” MUST come to the location designated below to pick up check-in packets (includes keys for students residing in the residence halls). Students who are part of a team/group will be registered by the designated coach/group advisor and do not need to register individually. Each group has been assigned an arrival time. Please do not arrive before the assigned times. These groups include:
|August 13||8 a.m. – noon||Football||Teachout Price Hall – Alumni Heritage Room|
|August 18||Noon – 2 p.m.||Women’s Soccer||Bates Hall – Residential Education Office|
|August 19||Noon – 2 p.m.||Men’s Soccer||Bates Hall – Residential Education Office|
|August 19||At noon||Volleyball||Bates Hall – Residential Education Office|
|August 22||8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.||International Students*||Kennedy Center, Jagow Room|
|August 24||9 a.m. – noon||Orientation Attendees||Teachout Price Hall – Alumni Heritage Room|
DINING SERVICES - 330.569.5458
If you are arriving early for a first wave activity, your coach/advisor will coordinate your meals. The Meal Plan begins with dinner on Thursday, August 25 for new students.