Why choose a career in nursing and an education at the baccalaureate level?
National studies predict that there will be a major shortage of registered nurses. The shortage is expected to grow to 2.8-million by 2020. "The American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) recognizes the Bachelor of Science degree in nursing as the minimum educational requirement for professional nursing practice." (AACN, 2000)
Nursing is an evolving profession with opportunities for growth that are nearly unlimited. Work hours are flexible, the salary is competitive, and the areas of practice are numerous and rewarding.
Why choose Hiram for your nursing degree? We have...
- A reputation for excellence in the liberal arts and sciences
- A nationally recognized biomedical humanities program
- Seven Centers of Distinction – all complimentary to the nursing program
- Small classes
- Professors who provide individual advisement
- State-of-the-art facilities
- Unique learning opportunities
Hiram College Department of Nursing Honors and Awards:
- Mein Kind Brunhilde Scholarship Award
- Sigma Theta Tau International
- Davina J. Gosnell Award for Service and Leadership in Nursing
- Hiram College Award for Academic Excellence in Nursing
- The Summit/Portage District ONA Award for Leadership