Brittany Jackson '04
Assistant Director, Center for Literature and Medicine, Center for Engaged Ethics, Center for Deciphering Life's Languages
B.A., Hiram College
Brittany Jackson currently serves as the Assistant Director of Strategic Academic Initiatives and Study Away Coordinator at Hiram College. Jackson graduated from Hiram College in 2004 and received her Master of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies from Hiram College in 2015. She is currently pursuing her Doctorate of Education in Educational Leadership Studies at Ashland University. Jackson oversees the College Credit Plus and Study Away programs.
Brittany returned to Hiram College in October 2008 having worked in computer services departments at both Case Western Reserve University and Ursuline College. Prior to working in computer services, Brittany worked in the Alumni Relations office at Hiram College.
Assistant Director, Center for Literature and Medicine, Center for Engaged Ethics, and Center for Deciphering Life's Languages, Hiram College, October 2008 – Present
- Coordinating events for students, alumni, donors, and the community. Maintaining budget records. Editing the Centers' websites. Interacting with students, faculty, staff, and alumni on a daily basis.
- Designing publications. Maintaining student records. Assisting with grant writing. Networking external support for the Directors to develop internship and advancement opportunities. Providing assessment support to create databases for student learning impacts. Directing and performing in theatre productions sponsored by the Centers
Computer Information Services Assistant, Ursuline College, July 2006 – September 2008
- Maintaining purchasing records and other information. Managing the Ursuline College Help Desk system. Escalating unresolved issues to technicians for improved resolution time. Interacting with the students, faculty, and staff on a day to day basis.
- Maintaining and editing the Ursuline College website. Creating new user accounts and resetting passwords for students, faculty and staff in Active Directory. Providing support for the online classroom system, Educator. Presenting the Computer Services orientation and other training sessions for incoming students, parents, faculty, and staff.
Founder and Web and Graphics Designer, Brittles Web & Graphic Design, February 2006 – Present
- Marketing company to various local artistic venues. Creating web designs for multiple northeast Ohio companies. Maintaining websites.
Department Assistant III, School of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, April 2005 – June 2006
- Providing first line computer support for end users of varying levels of expertise. Escalating unresolved issues to technicians for improved resolution time. Using ERP and Peoplesoft for tracking and budgeting.
- Establishing procedures for and implementing a system for tracking and record keeping of computer equipment purchased. Maintaining and creating new and existing websites for the School of Medicine.
Alumni Receptionist and Alumni Weekend Intern, Alumni Relations, Hiram College, December 2003 – February 2005
- Writing and updating content for the Alumni Relations website. Working on committees with alumni and staff of the College. Assisting as a hostess for alumni events and receptions.
- Planning and executing Alumni Weekends '04 and '05 for over 550 alumni. Handling potential crisis during events. Implementing new programs for alumni designed to enhance alumni funds.
Assistant to the President's Administration, President's Office, Hiram College, May 2002 – May 2004
- Maintaining the President's calendar using Microsoft Outlook. Interacting daily with prominent faculty, staff, business associates, and students.
- Managing travel plans and coordinating special events for the President. Transcribing the President's records for institutional advancement. Assisting with the maintenance of financial records. Planning board meetings (including hotel reservations, menus, catering management, set-up, and event itineraries) Overseeing mass mailings (including holiday cards, invitations, and updates such as board minutes)
Managing Director of H.A.R.T., Publicity Coordinator, Props Mistress, Theatre Department, Hiram College, August 2001 – May 2004
- Maintaining and organizing props room. Coordinating publicity with other students for multiple shows per semester.
- Creating and defining Managing Director position. Scheduling and coordinating schedules with various schools and actors. Publicizing H.A.R.T. with schools before performances. Managing actors, ensuring proper conduct while on tour Creating and maintaining budget for productions
Hiram College, Hiram, OH 44234
Degree: Bachelor's Degree, Theatre and Communication
- Kent State University, Trumbull, Gatlin Education,Received: 2006
- Webmaster Certificate, Cleveland State University, Gatlin Education, Received: 2006
- Graphic Design Certificate
- Web Database Developer Certificate
- Multimedia Design Certificate
- Ad Astra
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe PageMaker
- Adobe PhotoShop
- Jenzabar EX, JICS, LMS
- Macromedia Dreamweaver
- Macromedia Flash
- Macromedia Homesite
- Microsoft Office 2003
- Microsoft Office 2007
- Windows Vista OS
- Windows XP OS
Activities and Committees
- Hiram College Committees on Committees Member 2010
- Hiram College College Assembly Parliamentarian 2010
- Hiram College Center for Literature and Medicine Ad Hoc Member 2008 – 2010
- Hiram College Center for Deciphering Life's Languages Ad Hoc Member 2008 - 2010
- Hiram College Center for Engaged Ethics Ad Hoc Member 2008 - 2010
- Hiram College Class of 2004 Notes Correspondent
- Hiram College Alumni 2007 – 2010 Volunteer Day Site Coordinator
- Hiram College Alumni Weekend Class Chair 2009
- Hiram College Alumni Weekend Volunteer 2005 – 2010
- Hiram College Alumni Executive Board Member – September 2008