Senior Art Show 2013
April 17-May 11, 2013
Hiram College’s annual Senior Art Exhibition will open with a public reception from 5-7 p.m. on Wednesday, April 17, 2013. The show will continue through Commencement on May 11.
The Senior Exhibition will feature the work of seniors Marissa Diliberto, Amy Fallon, Loretta Ford, Ryan Gerin and Katie Gray.
- Diliberto’s paintings address feminine body image and family values through compositional abstraction and exploration of human form.
- Fallon’s large-scale drawings employ the expressive capacity of the human figure and other symbols to communicate themes associated with isolation, confusion and inner struggle.
- Ford reflects her feelings about time and change through figurative drawing and metaphorical bird, plant and water imagery.
- Through his mixed-media approach, Gerin expresses his apprehension about pressing present-day social and political issues.
- Gray endeavors to boldly convey the chaotic and manic inner world of her mind, along with the moments that allow for more peaceful meditations on what is truly important.
The show is free and open to the public. Refreshments will be served at the reception. The exhibition will be held in the gallery of the Gelbke Fine Arts Center located at 12000 Winrock Road. Gallery hours are 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday or by appointment.