Services for International Students and U.S./LPRs from Overseas
Hiram College welcomes the global perspective that students from overseas bring to the life of the campus. International students find a comfortable and welcoming academic home in the Hiram College community.
The College offers a number of specialized programs and services to assist students with the transition to life at an American college. They include:
- Airport pick-up service for all newly arriving international students
- International orientation program prior to the beginning of classes. Topics covered include: immigration, banking, health care, community services, and more.
- Friendly family program
- Academic support services including Science Learning center, Writing Center, and tutoring
- Guaranteed on-campus housing for all four years of enrollment
- Guaranteed availability of on-campus summer housing for summer and school-year holiday breaks
- International student advisor to assist with academic, immigration, health, and cross-cultural concerns
Comprised of both international and domestic students, Intercultural Form (better known as "IF") fosters international unity and cross-cultural awareness through a variety of programs. The most popular event from this student-led organization is the annual international dinner and talent show - a standing room only event.