If you have questions about the program or application process, please contact:
The Honors Advantage
As an honors scholar at Hiram College, you'll partake in exciting interdisciplinary activities and experiences that will give you an advantage in the workplace, graduate school or whatever path you choose. Your experience at Hiram College will also be enriched in the following ways:
- Immediate immersion into the mentoring relationships that are the key advantage of a small residential liberal arts education.
- Option to live in Honors housing that builds a sense of community and ability to develop balanced academic and social life on campus.
- Ability to apply for tuition-free over hours once a year. Use that additional free course work to add a second major, choose a minor, find the time to study abroad, gain full competency in a second language or add an independent study to your portfolio.
- Priority registration
- Graduation with Honors
The Honors program curriculum at Hiram College is unique to Northeast Ohio, with a focus on experiences and connections.
Year One: Connect to the Eclectic
- Students join a small community of Eclectic Scholars.
- They take part in an interdisciplinary seminar that explores scholarly on-campus events.
Year Two: Connecting Experiences in and out of the Classroom
- Work closely with faculty and our Dean to reflect upon academic and career goals.
- Link interests to experiences such as study abroad, service, leadership development, internships and research projects.
Years Three and Four: Connecting Academic Distinction to your Major
- Examine the use of interdisciplinary approaches to forge new ways of exploring questions within your major.
- Participate in departmental based capstone experience in your major that also fully examines the broader implications of your work.