The following are the winners of the 2011 Annual Juried Student Art Show
- Alex and Tamara Brady Pendleton Best In Show Award ($250): Robert Weitzner ’12, untitled series of five photography and mixed media
- Paul A. Rochford Award for Excellence ($150): Laila Almassri ’14, “The Pillars of Hajj Artist Book”
- Ellen Jagow Award for Painting ($150): Shalimma Fadzl ’11, untitled oil painting on canvas
- Abigail Flint Award for Photography ($150): Shanisha Fadzl ’12, body of work photography
- Award for Outstanding Work by Freshman or Sophomore ($150): Marissa Diliberto ’13, untitled drawing
- Juror’s Mention ($50): India Keller ’12, artist book and collage AND Kari Donahue ’13, series of photographs
- Art History Book Award: J.B. Henry ’11, “You See Decay, I Ask Where?- From the Street to the Gallery”
These winners were chosen from many students that entered the contest. Students entered the contest, regardless of major, with personal work that was completed recently and was not shown in previous Hiram juried shows. The opening reception was held on Tuesday, March 15, from 5-7 p.m. in the Gelbke Fine Arts Center Art Gallery, with the awards presentation at 6 p.m.
Come see prize winning and selected artwork that was entered in the Annual Juried Student Art Show and the winning paper from the art history contest until April 5, 2011.
Many works are currently for sale, and the price list is available in the Art Department office or you can contact the artist directly.
During exhibitions, the gallery is open 9-5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Please call to confirm as gallery hours are occasionally subject to change. Please contact Gelbke at 330.569.5304.