Thirteen juniors and seniors in Hiram College’s Institute of Management Accountants chapter received grants to attend the organization’s Student Leadership Conference in Cincinnati from Nov. 10-12, 2011.
More than 500 students from 33 states attended the conference, which was led by leading practitioners and professors addressing career opportunities, ethics, leadership, professional etiquette, job search techniques and more. The conference also featured several interactive networking events held at the Newport Aquarium and Gameworks.
Speakers included the following:
- Lori Ritchey, controller & CAO at Chiquita Brands International
- C.S. “Bud” Kulesza, CMA, CFM®, dean emeritus at IMA Leadership Academy
- Toni Spina, CPA, tax manager at Bailey, Carr & Co. CPAs
- Lisa Sperling, controller at NA Car & CUV Division of Ford Motor Company
- Kay Zekany, Ph.D., associate professor of accounting at Ohio Northern University
Visiting instructor in accounting Jim Senary accompanied the students on the trip.