The 2014 Annual Juried Student Art Show is on display through April 9, and winners of the awards have been announced as the following:
- The Alex and Tamara Brady Pendleton Best in Show Award ($250): series of six photographs by Niesha Zeigler ’14 (art major)
- The Paul A. Rochford Award for excellence ($150): pair of photographs by Emily Packer ’14 (creative writing major)
- The Ellen Jagow Award for Painting ($150): a body of work , oil painting on canvas and board by Dawn Richards ’14 (art major)
- The Abigail Flint Award for Photography ($150): pair of photographs by Lydia Snyder ’14 (art/theatre arts double major)
- The Award for Outstanding Work by Freshmen or Sophomore ($150): pair of photographs by Rachel Buchleitner ’16 (art major)
- Juror’s Mention ($50): Abbey Corbett ’14 (art major), Colin Guérand ’17, and Elle Rochford ’14 (art major)
- The Art History Book Award: A’Dreus Young ’14 (art major)
- The Pia Gallo ’78 Print Award: Elle Rochford ’14 (art major)
Many of the pieces are on sale and can be purchased through the Art Department.
During exhibitions, the gallery is open Monday through Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Please call 330-569-5304 to confirm as gallery hours are occasionally subject to change.
[btn link=”http://www.hiram.edu/art” color=”grey” size=”size-m”]Learn more about art at Hiram College.[/btn]