Food-free Stress Relief
With the semester coming to a close, deadlines looming and finals quickly approaching, it’s easy to become overwhelmed with “to do” lists and hectic schedules.
But remember, taking time to relax and unwind in order to take care of yourself, not only physically but mentally is very important.
Below is a list of actions you can take to relieve stress without food. Check off those that appeal to you and add a few of your own ideas.
- Listen to your favorite music
- Watch a favorite movie
- Take a relaxing shower or bath
- Turn on some white noise and take a 20 minute nap
- Write a letter or email a friend
- Go for a walk
- Get or give yourself a manicure
- Participate in an exercise class
- Practice yoga or meditate
Take a few minutes to do something for yourself today!