Artist in Residence - Lorenzo Pezzatini
March 2-6, 2009
Lorenzo Pezzatini, a native resident of Florence, Italy, has been a fixture in the Florentine art scene for nearly three decades. He created a unique strand like material out of the materials of acrylic painting, called "filo" in the early 1980s, and has since embarked on a life journey to realize the potential of filo as subject and medium for painting, sculpture, installation, and performance.
Lorenzo has used Filo to comment on popular media, consumerism and advertising, war and injustice, as well as love and familial bonds. Lorenzo has had prominent exhibitions throughout Italy, as well as in Serbia, Austria and Germany. In the United States, Lorenzo has exhibited in New York City, Wisconsin, and Massachusetts. Learn more at the artist's website.
Lorenzo is Head of Graduate Studies in Studio Art and Advanced Painting programs at Studio Art Centers International (SACI) in Florence, Italy.
Lorenzo will spend time making Filo publicly plus will meet and work with students throughout the week.
The Artist in Residence event is made possible by the Hiram Community Trust and Hiram College.
Explore Past Exhibits
- Stephen Litchfield Exhibit
- Perspectives on Pilgrimage
- Senior Art Exhibition (2013)
- Annual Juried Art Show (2013)
- Monumental Ideas in Miniature Books II
- Before Digital: The Era of Silver Photography
- Artist-in-Residence: Leighton Pierce
- Robert Buganski: Composing in Space
- Linda Bourassa: Wandering
- Jack Carlton: Youngstown Murals Project
- Dave Thomas: Then And Now
- Clayton Pond 50 Years Later: A Retrospective of Paintings & Print
- New Views in Fiber: 8 Voices
- Point of Departure: Five Contemporary Realists
- Senior Art Show
- Annual Juried Student Art Show
- Artist in Residence - Cynthia Penter
- Studio Art Faculty Show
- Sarah Schuster & Nanette Yannuzzi-Macias: Arousing the Ordinary
- George Schroeder: Paintings & Collages
- Artist in Residence: Lorenzo Pezzatini
- Hiram College Field Studies Program Presents: The Shore
- Charles Kanwischer & Elaine S. Wilson Unfolding Landscape: The Pastoral Reformed Exhibition Reception
- Margaret Neill Stream Exhibition Reception
- 2008 Senior Art Exhibition
- Hui-Chu Ying: Prayers
- Lynn Saville: Night/Shift
- Fall '07 Creative Space Exhibition: Works from Italy