Salem Othman is a visiting Instructor of Computer Science at Hiram College. He teaches Big Data Analysis, using Machine Learning Techniques, Data Structures and Algorithms, Integrated Research Component II, Introduction to Programming (in Java), Social Network Analysis with Spark, and Introduction to Design and Analysis of Algorithms.
His research interests include Online Social Network Analysis, Anonymization Techniques for Privacy-Preserving, Machine Learning with Big Data Analytics, Text Mining and Knowledge Discovery, Social Routing and Protocols Simulation using Omnet++, Internet of Things (IoT), and Software-Defined Networking (SDN). He is deeply interested in undergraduate teaching as well as mentoring undergraduate researchers.
- B.S. Computer Science, University of Omar Mukhtar
- M.S. Computer Science, Attahadi (Sirte) University
- Ph.D. Computer Science, Kent State University
My research focuses on analyzing human behaviors in Online Social Networks (OSNs) using Machine Learning and Big Data techniques to design a social online routing protocol through which OSN’ nodes can exchange information to support Multi-Hop Social Routing on the basis of WHO NEEDS TO KNOW WHAT.
I am also interested in natural language processing using text mining techniques, particularly in deepening the use of Bloom’s Taxonomy Cognitive Theory in the domain knowledge of computer sciences.
- Fatema Nafa, Javed I. Khan, Salem Othman: Extending Cognitive Skill Classification of Common Verbs in the Domain of Computer Science for Algorithms Knowledge Units. CSEDU (1) 2017: 173-183
- Fatema Nafa, Salem Othman, Javed I. Khan: Automatic Concepts Classification based on Bloom’s Taxonomy using Text Analysis and the Naïve Bayes Classifier Method. CSEDU (1) 2016: 391-396
- Fatema Nafa, Javed I. Khan, Salem Othman, Amal Babour:
Discovering Bloom Taxonomic Relationships between Knowledge Units Using Semantic Graph Triangularity Mining. CyberC 2016: 224-233
- Salem Othman, Javed I. Khan, Fatema Nafa: Does Location Matter? The Efficiency of Request Propagation Based on Location in Online Social Networks.
HCI (12) 2016: 47-58
- Salem Othman, Javed I. Khan: SOR: A Protocol for Requests Dissemination in Online Social Networks. SBP 2015: 394-399