Maria O’Connor has worked in the field of institutional research since 2010 after graduating from Ball State University. She started her career at Emerson College in Boston, Mass. as the Assistant Director of Institutional Research. After four years she relocated to Northeast Ohio and began at Hiram in 2014.
Maria loves working in higher education and especially enjoys supporting Hiram’s community when data are needed. In fact, she loves it so much she’s currently pursuing a Ph.D. in higher education administration from Kent State University.
- Ph.D. Higher Education Administration, Kent State University, (in process)
- M.A. Cognitive and Social Processes (Psychology), Ball State University, 2010
- B.A. Psychology, University of Wisconsin, 2007
- Duggan, M., Mathews, R., & O’Connor, M. (2014). Can students catch a break? The Great Recession’s effect on tuition discounting. National Association for College Admission Counseling, 223, 6-11.
- First generation college student