February 2, 2018
Join Hiram College at the “Entrepreneurial Engagement Ohio STEM Commercialization, Entrepreneurship & Innovation Forum” on Friday, Feb. 2 in the Kennedy Center on the Hiram College campus from 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Open to Ohio high school and middle school students (grades 7 and 8) , this extraordinary program will help you see the future, inspire you to “think outside the box” and provide an opportunity to interact with Hiram College faculty members and alumni who are STEM researchers and innovators, who will discuss how their ideas and visions are shaping the future.
- Brad Goodner, Professor and Director of the Center for Scientific Engagement at Hiram Collegewill speak about “The Power of Microbial Genomics”
- Anthony Clemente ‘13, Research Scientist at Genisphere, LLC, will speak about“Fighting Cancer with DNA Nanocarriers”
- Chris Shalaty ‘12, Lab Technician at Ganeden Probioticswill speak about “What Kind of Job Can I Get with an Undergrad in Bio?”
- Acacia Parks, Chief Scientist, Happify, Inc.will speak about “Bringing the Science of Happiness to the Real World”
Working in teams with college student mentors, students will be tasked to develop a new product, service or problem-solving idea that the team will then pitch “Shark Tank style” to the group.
For more information regarding the STEM Entrepreneurship Experience contact Kay Molkentin at 330-569-5256 or email@example.com .
Overnight option Thursday February 1, 2018
(available for senior and transfer students only)
- Check in: 5:30 p.m. (dinner and breakfast included)
High school seniors and transfer students interested in learning more about Hiram College are invited to join us beginning at 5:30 p.m. on Thursday, February 1st for an overnight experience on campus. Overnight participants will be hosted by Hiram students and will have the opportunity to see college activities and interact with students on campus.
Please use the form below to RSVP for the STEM Forum and/or the Overnight. Spaces for the overnight are limited, so please respond as soon as possible. Should you have any questions, contact Catherine Gellatly, Health Professions Counselor 330 569-5973 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org .