Thursday, April 26
Check in begins at 9:30 a.m.
From 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., students will have the opportunity to watch surgical procedures performed in a real operating room set up, explore simulation equipment, talk to health professions advisors, and most importantly – CHECK OUT WAYS TO LIVE WELL!
In addition to the surgical experience, the day will also include:
- Meet partners from Northeast Ohio Medical University and Case Western Reserve University and learn how a Hiram education can open doors to direct admittance into medical and dental school.
- Meet faculty and students and learn about Hiram’s health-related majors: Biomedical Humanities, Biology, Biochemistry, Neuroscience, Integrative Exercise Science, Psychology, Nursing, Public Health, and Sociology
- Participate in activities focused on student health and wellness– de-stressing techniques, improving sleep, art and music therapy, nutrition and exercise.
- Enjoy music, games and giveaways.
- Watch healthy cooking demonstrations.
- Eat lunch (our treat!).
- View our state-of-the-art nursing suite.
- And much more!
Wear comfortable clothes, and be ready to participate in fun, healthy activities on Hiram’s beautiful hill!