Clicking the "Send Request" button above constitutes your express written consent to be called and/or texted by Hiram College at the number you provided, regarding furthering your education. You understand these calls may be generated using automated technology.
In addition to programs leading to teacher licensure, the Education Department at Hiram College now offers a liberal arts major in Educational Studies.
Hiram College recognizes that while the traditional teaching license meets the interests of many students, others may wish to pursue a background in education that will allow them to teach in a wide variety of settings.
Both programs offer students the opportunity to engage in experiences that will prepare them for challenges faced by education and educators of the 21st century.
- The Education Department at Hiram College is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), www.ncate.org
- Hiram College's 12-3 academic calendar is unique to the nation and provides opportunities for intensive field and clinical experiences
- Hiram College pass rates on educator license exams demonstrate our teacher candidates consistently rank among the top in the state
- Graduates of the Education Department are proficient in technology integration and rate their preparation program above state average in using technology to enhance teaching and student learning
- Students and Alumni Network at Education Graduate School Night Hiram College students networked and learned about education-related…
- Partnership with Crestwood Primary creates after-school programming, internships Hiram College’s education department has teamed up with…
- Hiram honors scholars to lead book discussions in local high schools Four Hiram College Honors students are going to be…
In the News
Education students Taylor Ratliff (math major with teacher licensure) and Kelsey Koskinen (educational studies) are women's basketball players featured in the CBS News story about their game versus Mount Saint Joseph's. Watch now.
For advising and more information, please contact:
Roxanne Sorrick, Department Chair and Associate Professor of Education
- Jessie Smith House