Although we allow a fair degree of creative flexiblity when designing new pages and websites, the basic structures must be adhered to.
Components and Branding
- The Hiram College logo must be dsiplayed in the top left, and must link to the Hiram College homepage.
- The main navigation must be consistently displayed along the top edge, grouped into the major areas, and displayed in a horizontal list.
- Secondary navigation, specfic to the section of the site you are on, must be consistently displayed in the leftmost column below the main navigation, and displayed in a vertical list.
- Below the secondary navigation, tertiary navigation can be set. This tertiary navigation can be page-specific, only appearing in a single instance when the content of the page calls for it. Tertiary navigation is not required, and should only be used when necessary.
- An optional right-side column can be designated, to display informational areas relevant to the page or section, for instance department hours or contact information. If no right-side column is neccesary, then the primary content area will just strech to fill the space.
- The footer should mirror and expand upon the main navigation, offering the same menus plus other less trafficked but still important pages.