Clicking the "Send Request" button above constitutes your express written consent to be called and/or texted by Hiram College at the number you provided, regarding furthering your education. You understand these calls may be generated using automated technology.
The Computer Science Department offers two majors: computer science and applied computer science. Our students leave Hiram with both a rigorous education and practical experience.
The applied computer science major is new in Fall 2014, and is designed for students who wish to enter careers in information technology, digital media, computer information systems and other technology-related fields upon graduation from Hiram College. Our faculty can help advise you on which track to choose, based on career and graduate school aspirations.
As a department, we have articulated the mission of the computer science program as follows, aligned with and inspired by the mission for Hiram College. The mission of the computer science program is:
- To develop ethical, socially responsible, analytical, and critical thinkers.
- To instill in our students a foundation for making creative contributions to society in the computing area.
- To provide challenges to our students within a supportive community.
- Persuasion and e-commerce: Graduate student presents research at Women in Computing conference If it seems as though e-commerce sites like Amazon…
- Computer Science Major Presents Original Social App at Midwest Tech Conference The opportunities at Hiram College are endless, and…
- Computer Science Students, Professor Present Genetics Software Developed at Hiram Louis Oliphant, assistant professor of computer science, and…
- Three Physics Majors Present Research at Regional Conference Three Hiram College physics majors recently presented their…
For more information
If you have specific questions about the computer science program at Hiram College or if you would like more information, please contact:
- Louis Oliphant
- Department Chair, Assistant Professor