Our alumni, who include leaders in both industry and academia, have praised the combination of rigorous education in the discipline combined with a broad liberal arts education. Our program stresses a deep knowledge of basic principles and concepts, rather than an emphasis on just the latest hot topics.
Our students have combined computer science majors with a wide variety of other majors and minors, and leave Hiram with both a rigorous education and practical experience in implementation of large projects.
As a department, we have articulated the mission of the computer science program as follows, aligned with and inspired by the mission for Hiram College. The mission of the computer science program is:
- To develop ethical, socially responsible, analytical, and critical thinkers.
- To instill in our students a foundation for making creative contributions to society in the computing area.
- To provide challenges to our students within a supportive community.
- Senior Awarded for Computer Science Research Computer science major Sulochana Bramhacharya ’13 was awarded…
- Computer Science Students and Faculty Shine at Conference Hiram College students and professors participated in the…
- Hiram Students Snag Biomedical Prize Two Hiram computer science majors were among 277…
For more information
If you have specific questions about the computer science program at Hiram College or if you would like more information, please contact:
- Louis Oliphant
- Department Chair, Assistant Professor