September 4: Gary Allen, GE Innovation team: Sustainable Lighting - LEDs; East Hall, 4:15 p.m.
September 4: Fireside Chat with Gary Allen, GE LED Innovation Team; East Hall Forum, 7 p.m.
September 24: Dr. Peter Niewiarowski, University of Akron: Biomimicry: An Ancient Tool and Emerging Discipline; Kennedy Center Ballroom, Noon
- Joel Salatin, Organic Farmer and author of Folks, This Ain't Normal and Salad Bar Beef; March 14, 7 p.m., Hayden Auditorium
- "Appalachian Treasures," featuring speaker: Austin Hall, national field organizer for Appalachian Voices. Wednesday, Sept. 21, 6:30 p.m., Garfield Meeting House.
- "Fracking: What is it all about" Lecture Series: March 31, 2011, April 7, 2011, and April 20, 2011 all at 7 p.m. in the Kennedy Center Ballroom
- Nature Camps: for children ages 3-13, the campus stimulate curiosity and teach about the wonders of the natural world. Dates are July 7-11, July 14-18, and July 21-25.
- Science in the Schoolyard: a collaborative learning partnership between Hiram College and PreK-6 teachers that involves science conceptual understanding, theme-based unit planning, teaching experiences and classroom implementation. Dates are June 9-13 and June 16-20.
- "Lessons from Nature: Sustainability" Symposium April 2-3, 2009
- Exhibited the Forested Landscape gallery show not only at Hiram but also at Kent State University, the Meyers Center of the Geauga Park District in Chardon, Ohio, and at several other galleries in Ohio
- Hosted members of the Ohio Mushroom Society
- Hosted an Ohio Department of Natural Resources one-day species inventory – a "bio-blitz' – at the Field Station
- Hosted Environmental Protection Agency courses on wetland plants and wetland delineations
- Meteor Shower Party at the Field Station (cancelled due to cloud cover)
Center Lecture Series, spring 2007: "The Natural History of the Galapagos Islands," Professor of Biology Matt Hils
- Spring 2007 Wildflower Walk
Streams of Learning Summer Institute for high school teachers and students: two weeks in June
- Science in the Schoolyard and Nature Works courses for high school and middle school teachers
- 2007 Nature Camps: July 9-13, July 23-27, and August 6-10
- David T. Sobel, Director of Teacher Certification Programs in the Education Department at Antioch New England Graduate School, will present a lecture on Saturday, April 26. His talk, "Global Climate Change meets Ecophobia" will address the value and importance of providing children and adults with information about global climate change in an appropriate manner that does not incite fear about nature and our future.