Spring 2014 Events
Feb. 6: Personal Encounters with Shakespeare (Bissell Symposium)
- How Shakespeare Chose Me: "Who ever loved that loved not at first sight?": 12:30-1:30 p.m., The Renner Theater
- Searching and Researching the Plays: "Suit the action to the word, the word to the action": 4-5 p.m., The Renner Theater
- Dinner and Discussion: 5:30-6:30 p.m., Dix Dining Hall
- Keynote: Shakespeare WTF? (What's The Future?): "To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow": 7:30 p.m., Kennedy Center Ballroom
- Post-Keynote Discussion: Continuation of "Searching and Researching the Plays"
Feb. 7: Personal Encounters with Shakespeare (continued)
- So What Are You Going To Do About It?: "Once more into the breach, dear friends, once more": 10-11 a.m., The Renner Theater
Feb. 25: Author Roger Rosenblatt
Kennedy Center Ballroom, 7 p.m.
April 8: An Evening of Hiram Writers
Pritchard Room (Library), 7 p.m.
Writing Contest Deadlines
- Author Roger Rosenblatt to Present Convocation on New Book, ‘The Boy Detective’ – Feb. 25 Author, journalist and playwright Roger Rosenblatt will visit Hiram College for a convocation at 7…
- Two-Day Symposium Celebrates Shakespeare – Feb. 6-7 Hiram College will celebrate William Shakespeare’s works and legacy through “Personal Encounters with Shakespeare: A…
- The Science of Language: 3-Week Snapshots During the 3-Week semester at Hiram College, students focus on one class for three weeks,…