News and Events
Fireside Chats occur every Wednesday of the 12-Week at 7 p.m. in East Hall. Read descriptions of the speakers.
3: Fireside Chat: Helping Colleges Market Internationally! with Kevin Wang, Co-Founder, Mango
10: Fireside Chat: E = R! with Thom Ruhe, Founder and President, EcDev Partners LLC
18: Fireside Chat: Innovation: Powering People Forward! with Ryan Farris, Engineering Manager, Parker Hannifin Corporation
24: Fireside Chat: Sweat, Hydrate, Pursue! with Jarred and Brandon Smith, Creators and Co-Founders, NOOMA
8: Fireside Chat: From Mom and Pop to Millionaires! with Rita Scott, President, Young Explorers Montessori
15: Fireside Chat: Social Enterprise: Money, Mission and Making a Difference! with Bill Leamon, Joe DeLoss, and Alison Tanker
22: Fireside Chat: Developing the Secret Sauce for Success! with Forrest Reed, Founder, R&R Specialty Foods
29: Fireside Chat with Toby and Melanie Maloney
5: Fireside Chat: This Doc Makes House Calls! with Sharmyn Clark, DVM, Mobile Veterinary Care
6: ideablitz! competition, 5-8:30 p.m.
Spring 2015 Events
18: ideabuild! competition, 5-8:30 p.m.
- Ideabuild winner pitches trivia app featuring ACT/SAT questions A smart phone game/app that would help high school students study for the ACT and SAT took first place in…
- Students entrepreneurs to compete in spring idea competition – March 18 More than 40 students will put their entrepreneurial ideas to the test as they compete in teams and as individuals…
- Workshop empowers young women to enact change through social enterprise Hiram College students and prospective students put their ideas into action at the College’s first annual Changemaker Weekend from Feb. 27-March…
- Computer Science Major Presents Original Social App at Midwest Tech Conference The opportunities at Hiram College are endless, and Computer Science Major Nicola Pedretti ’16, of Gordona, Italy, has taken full advantage…
- Students’ Entrepreneurial Ideas on Display at Annual Idea Competition An idea concept that would stop the spread of germs and encourage moderation at parties took first place at the Center for…