Campus Safety Officer
Admission Counselor/Assistant/Associate Director
Assistant/Associate Director of Major Gifts
Administrative Assistant, Campus Safety
Front Desk Clerk
Chief of Staff
Hiram College invites applications for the position of Chief of Staff. Reporting to the President, the Chief of Staff serves as the president’s designee to many internal and external committees, a member of the institution’s senior leadership team and the College’s chief public relations officer.
As the President’s Chief of Staff, the incumbent will:
- Serve as an advisor to the President on communication issues and handle highly confidential matters while providing comprehensive and independent counsel.
- Advise the President on organizational and policy issues.
- Develop, coordinate and implement Presidential initiatives.
- Serve as the liaison between the President's Office and the Board of Trustees
- Assist in the preparation of board materials for quarterly meetings.
- Lead and convene meetings in the President’s absence.
- Represent the President at on and off campus activities and events when the President is unable to attend.
As the College’s chief public relations officer, the incumbent will:
- Manage a staff of five communication professionals and works closely with members of the senior leadership team to develop marketing strategies to support student recruitment and retention, fund raising and visibility efforts.
- Lead the institution’s branding and public relations efforts in support of the President’s agenda and vision for the college.
- Develop and implement strategic initiatives which differentiate Hiram College in the higher education marketplace utilizing all available communication channels including collateral development, web, media, email, advertising and social media.
- Work directly with the President to develop written and spoken communication which articulate Hiram’s brand of education through speeches, talking points, emails, articles and updates to campus and external audiences.
- Serve as the primary spokesperson for the institution to local, regional and national media.
- Lead the College’s Campus Emergency Response Team with a focus on enhancing Hiram’s reputation through timely and credible communication when dealing with sensitive issues.
- Create and manage positive relationships for the institution with local, regional, state and federal government officials and agencies.
- Work successfully within Hiram’s shared governance system to provide transparent communication to the campus community which builds trust and enhances morale.
Candidates for the position should have a minimum of 8 years of experience working in communication, public relations and/or marketing. Experience in higher education, including serving as executive assistant to a university or college executive officer, is a plus. A bachelor’s degree is required; a master’s degree is preferred. Preferred candidates will have superb listening, writing and editing skills. Strong interpersonal skills are a must as is the ability to think critically, assess situations and make timely decisions based on data.
Faculty Position in Nursing