Townhouse Sign Ups
Thursday, March 31, 2016 in Hayden Auditorium at 5:00 pm
- The Residential Education Office is implementing a new process for students interested in living in the townhouses for the 2016-17 academic year. This process will impact townhouse applicants only.
- Apply online – each individual will need to complete the online application. The individual applications of each student will be considered when making an overall decision regarding the group’s approval status. Please make sure your selection of roommates is well considered as the strength of their applications will influence the decision of whether or not to approve the group.
- Notifications will be made via email on Monday, March 21st.
- Once townhouse groupings have been approved, individual student lottery numbers for each group member will be added together to create a group lottery number. (For example: If Student A’s lottery number is 13, Student B’s lottery number is 9, Student C’s lottery number is 49, and Student D’s lottery number is 28 the group lottery number would be 99.) In the case where two group lottery numbers add up to the same number, the lowest individual lottery number will be given priority. The group lottery number will be used to determine which groups will receive a townhouse.
- The groups with the lowest 26 numbers (the townhouse group lottery number) will receive an email on Thursday, March 24th inviting them to Townhouse Sign-ups on Thursday, March 31st at 5:00 pm.
- Each member of the group will need to make a $250 lease deposit in the Student Accounts Office or at www.hiram.edu/housingdeposit to receive a Townhouse Lease.
- Each member of the group will need to bring his/her completed lease to sign-ups.
- If a member of the group is unable to attend on March 31st he/she will need to fill out a Proxy Form and give it and his/her completed lease to another group member to take to sign-ups. Proxy Forms are available in the Residential Education Office in Bates Hall. We strongly recommend that you fill out a proxy form if you believe you will be late for any reason. This will give you comfort that, if needed, someone may choose on your behalf.
Please note that if you do get a townhouse for the 2016-17 academic year you will be required to provide proof of property insurance before being issued a key for your townhouse.
Student must be present by 5:00 pm or send a proxy and completed lease. Students arriving late will be placed at the end.
A waitlist will be made from remaining groups not invited to sign-ups.
East Hall Sign Ups
Thursday, April 4, 2016 in Hayden Auditorium at 7:30 pm
Students that wish to live in East Hall will need to complete the online application which includes a required meeting with a Financial Aid counselor. All approved East Hall groups will attend sign-ups on March 31st to choose their suite and roommate placement within the suite. Approved ERLC groups will have priority. Any remaining suites will be given to completed groups with priority given to the lowest lottery number within the group.
All members of a group must have a completed Housing Contract in order to be allowed to sign up on March 31st. If a member of the group is unable to attend he/she will need to fill out a Proxy Form and give the form and his/her completed Housing Contract to another group member to take to sign-ups. Proxy Forms are available in the Residential Education Office in Bates Hall. We strongly recommend that you fill out a Proxy Form if you believe you will be late for any reason. This will give you comfort that, if needed, someone may choose on your behalf.
A waitlist will be made from remaining groups.
If all suites are not filled to capacity on March 31st it is possible that rooms will be available as doubles and singles during housing sign-ups on Monday, April 4th.
Bowler, singles and triples Sign Ups
Monday, April 4th in Hayden Auditorium
Each group will have a designated starting time. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your group starting.
Group A: 6:00 pm
Group B: 6:15 pm
Group C: 7:00 pm
Group D: 7:30 pm
Student must be present at the correct time or send a proxy. Proxy forms will be available in the Residential Education Office. Students arriving late (after their number has been called) will be placed at the end of their grouping (if number 3 has already been called, but the student shows up 10 minutes later, they will need to go to the end of the group A line in fairness to those already in line. Exception: if their roommate’s is number 34, and that number has not been called, they can select under the roommate’s number). We strongly recommend that you fill out a proxy form if you believe you will be late for any reason. This will give you comfort that, if needed, someone may choose on your behalf. If all rooms are filled, a waitlist will be formed that evening. Individuals present at round two wishing to sign up for the waitlist, will be given priority over any later additions to the waitlist.