Bread and Soup 2018 Dates:
The following Thursday evenings from 5-7 p.m. in KC Dix (second floor).
- March 1
The soup flavors for February 15 are:
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- French Onion Soup
- Chicken Fajita Soup (GF)
- Turkey Chili (GF)
- Broccoli Cheese Soup (Vegetarian)
- Spicy Lentil Soup (GF & Vegetarian)
What is Bread and Soup?
All you can eat soup, bread, and fruit!!
Bread and Soup is an opportunity for students to help feed the hungry in our communities. One in six children go hungry in Portage County alone, and you can make the difference. By eating a simple meal together with your fellow students, faculty, staff, and community members, you can make a direct impact on those who go hungry in and around our state. For every meal purchased, one dollar goes towards helping the local community by providing meal boxes and hygiene packs.
How much does it cost?
- Students simply use a meal swipe
- Faculty, staff and community members pay $6 to partake in bread, soup, assorted fruits and beverages
- Children 10 years and older pay full price
- Children ages 3-9 years of age pay $3
- Children under the age of two are free!
Come together to partake in a meal for a common cause – to feed those in need.
Bread and Soup History
Since 1983, Hiram College has hosted an annual Bread and Soup meal each winter where students, faculty and community members can purchase a simple bread and soup meal on Thursday evenings in the Kennedy Center, eat in solidarity with those who have fewer food options than most of us, and benefit those in need in our community.